Saturday, October 27, 2007

Qualifying Night at the Races


Friday, Hank and I attended the races...the biggest show there were the F-16 & F/A 18 constantly flying over the race track. Nellis Air Force Base is next to the race track. We saw approximately 8 planes in the air at one time and flew into the night time hours. What an enjoyable day!! Hank has been coming out to Vegas about 25yrs. to see these races, I guess we have to continue the tradition. This was my 3yr. year- ROOKIE! We spoke with Chip Ellis, he rides a Buell motorcycle, he ended up #1 with a time of 7.04, which is really awesome! really fast!



This is Melanie Troxel in her top fuel car, she came in 5th. I'm sure today she will be working hard to improve that to #1.


Later at the race track, I found Melanie Troxel on hand to talk and take pictures. She is driving a top fuel race car this year, but is going to switch over to a Funny Car next year! I also talked with Ashley Force, and she said her Dad would be attending the race to watch his team.

No comments: