Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Reed Point, Montana

We are on our way to Yellowstone, but got tired last night and stopped in a little town call Reed Point. It is a town where everything in it is empty with For Sale signs plastered on the buildings. Very Sad! It is raining this morning and we are still getting up at 6am. Our bodies are so confused.

I have a cute story to relate that starts me giggling when I even think about it. In Sunday School last week when Hank introduced himself, everyone thought he said Honk, or Hunk. They said what an unusal name. Of course with his Southern Tennessee accent, I said not Hunk but Hank. They all laughed and apologized.
The next night at dinner, the waitress kept laughing at Hank wanting to hear him talk some more. So, we practiced saying H A N K all week.
We attended another class, in another state and guess what? Hank forgot all about what he practiced all week. They stuck out their hands for introduction and said, Honk..Hank said no, HANK. I heard a bunch of OHHH's Hunk..I intervened and said HANK ohhh..they started laughing! We now know Hank by JAMES, it is much easier to pronounce even with his southern drawl. Anyway, you know me, I've been calling him HONK all week.

Well...until Yellowstone, see ya.

No comments: