Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mount St. Helens, Washington


Today we went to the Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument. It was amazing to see how nature is constantly working, changing the landscape. Hank and I stood directly across from where the volcano exploded and covered the mountain where we stood. A glacier was slowing moving down the crater, a light colored mud covered the ground as far as you could see. The river flowing down the mountain side was filled with silt and very murky. The volcano is still active and earthquakes still occur. Thank goodness, not while we were there. We drove down the mountain to Lake Coldwater and I pull out a surprise picnic. The temperature was very cool, breezy and instead of sitting on the blanket, I wrapped it around me.

Hank and I had a very educational day and hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments: