Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mom is sassy as ever!



As most of you know, Hank and I left Casa Grande in a big hurry. My Mom was very ill and my sisters said she was going down hill fast. When I arrived, she wasn't eating or drinking. I walked in and told her, I didn't drive all this way for a funeral. So, I curled her hair, put make up on her, got her dressed ordered lunch and got her in a wheelchair. This was New Year's Day! We ate turnips, black eyed peas, cornbread, sweet tea and chicken. Ya'll know us Southerners. She did really well. Then we went and saw a magic show. Afterwards, she drank 1 1/2 glass of wine!!(basically I got my Mom tipsy).
She is doing remarkably well and going to make it to another birthday, we hope!She is in her 90's. Looks pretty good, huh?
Thank you ALL so much for your concern, and your prayers. I miss you all and hope to be on the road again soon.
Love, Lillie

1 comment:

Bob and Marlene Rea said...

Good to hear that Mom is doing good. Looking forward to seeing you guys again real soon.