Sunday, June 15, 2008

Priest Gulch, Co.




Today is a day to mark in my calendar! Hank and I decided to walk across the street to San Juan National Forest to do some hiking. We started out full of energy and immediately started an incline that took my breath away. Our Rv is sitting on the Dolores River at 8100', so when we started climbing this mountain I could feel the shortness of breath quickly. We climbed to
12,870'. Wow! My legs felt like rubber!! At the top we encountered cows in a meadow, the bull didn't like the intruders! The meadow was gorgeous, the view spectacular. We enjoyed a peaceful picnic at the very top. Now, we had to climb down the other side of the mountain. Very steep incline!! We came to the river and realized we couldn't cross because of the high water and strong current, so we had to cross a fallen down tree. (lol) 10 miles later, we finally arrived home safely. Worn Out!!

Tomorrow we will do something tamer.

No comments: