Thursday, September 9, 2010

ZION N.P ' THE NARROWS'






Today was one of the experiences I won't ever forget. Hank and I rented wet shoes and hiking sticks and walked the Narrows. You walk 1 mile up the riverside walk, then straight into the River. You walk about 80% of the time in really cold water, climbing over big rocks, deep water, and silt.

We walked approximately 3 miles. Some points, the water is up over your knees. This was the hardest 3 miles I have done...the current is going in the opposite direction pulling you hard down the river. What an amazing time we had. We stop had lunch and some trail mix. The view AWESOME. I was very fatigued on the way back, the wind was picking up and I was relaying the clothes back on. We were almost finished when I fell in...boy was that water cold. brrrrr. Yes, I fell all the way under! It just makes the trip more exciting to tell, right? Great Long Day!

No comments: